- This event has passed.
ICISF CISM Peer Support Training
November 12 @ 8:30 am - November 13 @ 4:30 pm$100
ICISF-Canada is pleased to offer the ICISF Courses: “Assisting Individuals in Crisis” and “Group Crisis Intervention” taught by experienced ICISF Approved Instructors Jeff Sych and Malcolm McNeill part of the development of the Alberta Critical Incident Peer Network.
Basic Training in ICISF CISM hosted by the City of Wetaskiwin Fire Service. This is a four-day course for emergency service personnel interested in being part of a provincial Peer Support network and is designed to teach participants the fundamentals of and specific protocol for incident assessment, strategic planning, individual (one-on-one) crisis intervention techniques, informational group crisis techniques, and interactive group crisis techniques.
Course Highlights Include:
Assisting Individuals in Crisis
- Psychological crisis intervention
- Resistance, resiliency, recovery
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- SAFER-Revised model
- Suicide Awareness
Group Crisis Intervention
- Common Reactions
- Incident Assessment
- Strategic Planning
- Mechanisms of Action
- Group Crisis Interventions
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST ATTEND ALL FOUR DAYS OF TRAINING
NOVEMBER 05-06 & 12-13, 2022 8:30AM – 4:30PM
The City of Wetaskiwin Fire Station #1
5940 – 40th Avenue
Wetaskiwin, AB T9A 2E9
Registration is limited to frontline emergency service personnel in Alberta interested in adding to, or developing, a CISM Team integrated into their emergency service organization and joining the ACIPN.
* A $100.00 application fee is required to hold your seat. This fee must be paid in full to “The City of Wetaskiwin” to confirm a seat in the course. There is no other training cost as a grant covers all training materials, certificates, two coffee breaks and a lunch for each training day.
The deadline to register is October 28, 2022
For Registration Criteria, Please Contact Staci Russell Email: email@example.com
Download the attached training poster, and feel free to share it with other departments and organizations who may be interested.