The ACIPN is to support, advocate, and oversee a peer led, peer driven support network of first responders for first responders, in best practices and delivery of support in accordance with the ICISF-Canada standards.
The ACIPN is comprised of a committee of peers selected from the membership and appointed by the ICISF-Canada Board of Directors to deliver the above mandate.
The ACIPN Peer Advisory Council will be comprised of at least six and no more than twelve individuals with an interest or experience in committee governance, public safety personnel mental health, who are currently and remain registered as Peers with the ACIPN during their time on this committee, and who have a working knowledge of the best practices in the provisions of peer support as set forth by the ICISF, Inc. and ICISF-Canada. It is proposed that committee members shall serve for a term of one year and be eligible to be appointed by the ICISF-Canada Board for a total of three successive terms. Committee meetings shall be conducted in person or at a distance using available technology (i.e., telephone, Skype).
The ACIPN Committee shall be chaired, and/or co-chaired by an active ACIPN Peer or by the ACIPN Clinical Director and the ACIPN Network Coordinator if such a Peer is not available.
Points From the Council's Code of Conduct
Specific responsibilities of the ACIPN Committee include but are not limited to:
- Form a Peer Review Board, when called upon, to evaluate any considered membership revocations or suspensions. The Peer Review Board shall be selected by the Clinical Director and Network Coordinator where at least one member be representative of the given agency the member in question is affiliated. For incidents involving clinical issues, the Board must consist of the Clinical Director and two other active members and refer to the procedures as set forth in the ICISF-Canada CISM Best Practices & Procedures Manual; Section 6.5 Peer Review Board Procedures page 67. For non-clinical issues, any three active Board members will do, as well as refer to the procedures as set forth in the ICISF-Canada, Inc. Best Practices & Procedures Manual; Section 6.5 Peer Review Procedures page 67.
- Coordinate complaint resolutions
- Identify and report any gaps in the provision of peer support
- Identify and report emerging trends
- Identify and report quality status and recommend quality improvements
As the governing body, the ICISF-Canada shall make final decisions related to the operations, functions, finances, and role of the ACIPN in accordance to the bylaws and activity of incorporation.
Meetings will be held as required, but not less than twice per year. Meetings will take place in person or via telephone conferencing. The ICISF-Canada will reimburse reasonable travel costs associated with the meetings in accordance with the ICISF-Canada travel policy.
Quorum for meetings will be attendance by a simple majority of ACIPN Peer Advisory Council members.
The committee will remain in place for _______ or until such time as the ICISF-Canada Board of Directors authorizes an alternative governance structure.
The terms of reference may be revised by the ICISF-Canada Board of Directors. The ACIPN Peer Advisory Council may be disbanded or dissolved at any point by the ICISF-Canada Board of Directors.