- This event has passed.
Advanced Assisting Individuals in Crisis
February 12 @ 8:30 am - February 13 @ 4:30 pm
ICISF-Canada is pleased to offer the ICISF Course: “Advanced Assisting Individuals in Crisis” taught by experienced ICISF Approved Instructor Jeff Sych, hosted by Strathcona County. This is a two-day course for those peers who have current certification in the core CISM courses; “Assisting Individuals in Crisis” and “Group Crisis Intervention,” and who are interested in taking their training to the next level.
Course Highlights include:
- Natures & definitions of a psychological crisis and psychological crisis intervention
- Nature and Definition of Critical Incident Stress Management and its Role as a continuum of care
- Empathic communication techniques
- Practice of psychological triage
- Principles of self-care
- SAFER-Revised model of individual psychological crisis intervention in a suicide scenario
- SAFER-Revised model of individual psychological crisis intervention in a “follow-up” or referral scenario
- Risks of iatrogenic “harm” associated with psychological crisis intervention and will further discuss how to reduce those risks.
All participants must attend both days of training.
ADVANCED ASSISTING INDIVIDUALS IN CRISIS
February 12-13, 2024 8:30 am-4:30 pm daily
SCES Station #6, Large Training Room
915 Bison Way
Sherwood Park, AB T8H 1S9
Application for registration is limited to any ACIPN CISM Team member who has current certification in the prerequisite core CISM courses; “Assisting Individuals in Crisis” and “Group Crisis Intervention.” The instructor has the right to decline registration to any participant who does not meet the criteria.
*A registration fee of $350.00 payable to Strathcona County will be required to hold a seat.
To register, please contact Rae Clennell Rae.Clennell@strathcona.ca