Mandate of the Alberta Critical Incident Provincial Network (ACIPN)
The ACIPN is a peer led, peer driven support network of public safety personnel for public safety personnel, whose volunteers are trained in best practices and deliver support in accordance with ICISF standards
The ACIPN-Peers manage their real time availability through their own profile resulting in deployment of resources that are in close proximity and that have appropriate experience and training. When ACIPN-Peers generate a profile, they will be represented on a map of Alberta in their general area (e.g., postal code). The ACIPN Network Coordinator can then use this information to access the closest and most relevant support.
Personal information will be collected, stored, and used in accordance to Canadian and Alberta standards. A high level of database and website protection is enforced. Website users and registered peers alike will only be able to view the general location of the ACIPN resources and not specific addresses.
ACIPN Peer Benefits to registering
- There is a general benefit to being part of and privy to a larger network of trained peers.
- Access to the network for expert consultation and guidance on CISM Peer Support.
- To be able to access additional supports and assistance with group interventions, surveillance and assessment, and one-on-ones.
- Immediate access, 24/7 to support and guidance from the network via Email or telephone.
- Access to continuing education, workshops, lectures, and seminars.
- Resources and materials supplied to ACIPN-Peers (i.e., cue cards, brochures, identification, etc.,)
Access is limited to registered ACIPN-Peers
To address such issues (but not limited to):
- For guidance in development and maintenance of a CISM Team
- To acquire expert consultation regarding issues and concerns that may arise while operating a CISM Team
- For guidance and consultation regarding a strategic plan
- For guidance on how to deal with unexpected issues that may arise while providing CISM interventions and how to deal with them appropriately.
- Registrants must be an active member of an Alberta First Responder Agency such as Fire Suppression, EMS, Law Enforcement, or Search and Rescue.
- Must have completed basic CISM training from an Approved ICISF and ACIAC vetted Instructor including “Assisting Individuals in Crisis”, and “Group Crisis Intervention.
- Must be a member in good standing of an ICISF-CISM Peer Support Team that is recognized by the ACIPN within an Alberta First Responder Agency or who agree to become members of the ACIPN and operate under clinical and network guidance.
- Must agree to uphold “Best Practices” as stipulated by the ACIAC and the ICISF.